Sedentary lifestyle is a serious problem of the modern world. As Tim Cook, Apple CEO, described it, sitting is like the new smoking. That’s right: such lifestyle affects cardiovascular health, causes joint issues, and, what’s more, has a negative impact on our posture. Poor posture triggers different health problems. No wonder, that scientists and doctors are constantly looking for ways to help people. Their recent invention is various ‘smart’ devices to correct posture. The Upright brand excelled in this sphere. They provided a new solution among posture correctors, which we will discuss in detail below.
Why is good posture that important?
- 1 Why is good posture that important?
- 2 Problems triggered by bad posture
- 3 What are posture correctors?
- 4 Upright products
- 5 What does it look like?
- 6 How does Upright Go 2 work?
- 7 Training and supervision
- 8 Upright Go necklace
- 9 Does it really work?
- 10 Is Upright Go safe?
- 11 Pros and cons
- 12 Upright Go price
- 13 Customer reviews
- 14 Conclusion
- 15 Posture Corrector
- 16 Pros
- 17 Cons
We live in the era of computers, tablets, smart phones, and other technological innovations. After 8 hours spent in front of the computer, we come home and still do the same or slouch with a gadget in our hands. Preoccupied with work, business, and hobbies, we don’t think about keeping the right body posture. Even if we suddenly remember about it (or more likely see the reflection in a mirror somewhere) and change the body position, in several minutes we forget about it being busy with other things to do.
However, the right posture is very important for health and well-being. Blood circulation, digestion, excretory system, musculoskeletal system, and even mental functions – everything in the body benefits from it. Moreover, a person having correct posture makes a better impression and looks more confident.
Problems triggered by bad posture
Low-aesthetic appearance is only a visual manifestation of posture disorders. But in the long run it brings serious health issues. Besides, a stooped person is often a victim of inner complexes and low self-esteem. It’s especially fair for adolescents who are prone to various complexes. Now take into account health disorders that go hand in hand with incorrect posture.
Slouching affects the stomach work as it is nearly always squeezed. Stomach acid is, therefore, pushed up into the esophagus and causes heartburn. Some organs in the abdominal cavity change their location. It may lead to nephroptosis – a condition when a kidney drops down into the pelvis. Serious kidney and urogenital conditions occur as a result.
The sternum (breastbone) is also affected by poor posture. The rib cage is deformed, and a person feels shortness of breath. Consequently, all the body tissues suffer from a lack of oxygen called hypoxia. Slouching person often feels weakened, drowsy, and irritated. ‘Squeezed’ heart tries to restore its normal beating rhythm. In this case hypertension and irregular heartbeat may occur. At worst, coronary heart disease (often followed by a heart attack or a stroke) may develop.
People with incorrect posture often suffer from backaches mostly located in the spine area. The pain gets more severe after long hours spent in one position. All the body organs are kept in unnatural position which increases the risk of some pathology.
Other negative consequences of bad posture include:
- Lack of concentration due to poor blood circulation and oxygen deficiency.
- Bad memory functions.
- Low productivity.
- Poor immunity.
- Dizziness and headaches.
That is why it’s so crucial to take care about the body posture. To avoid serious consequences people need to know how to keep the body in a healthy position. Posture correctors are exactly the right thing.
What are posture correctors?
The term describes a supportive construction or device preventing people from crouching. A prototype of modern braces and belts used for posture correction is a corset – a garment worn by ladies in the past to make their waist look thinner. A corset also didn’t allow women to stoop. The garment was worn by some men as well, though, not that often.
Naturally, a corset wasn’t a good means. It squeezed internal organs and distorted their functions. But it was definitely good for the spine and posture. So, it seemed reasonable to invent something less harmful for the rest of the body.
The first posture corrector was probably invented in the 19th century by Roxey Ann Caplin who was a fashion designer and corsetmaker. The first corrector was called Scapula Contractor and was designed for adolescents.
Posture correctors are free from all drawbacks of a corset. They don’t squeeze body organs but support the spine and correct the position of shoulder blades. Shoulders are retracted by straps crossing in the middle of the back. Such correctors were – and remain – very popular. But there’s an alternative.
The technological development is going on. Global computerization allows moving from traditional textile products to electronic devices. The best posture correctors for males and females are constantly developing. These digital devices meet the demands of human anatomy and even their lifestyle. There’s variety of choices in 2020, so, before you buy yourself such product, it’s better to explore the market and find what’s best for you.
There are many good products in this market segment, but you probably should give a closer look at one of them. It combines all the benefits of posture correctors, and still it’s unique and brand new. The device is manufactured by UpRight Technologies Ltd. Their first invention is Upright Go device, but recently the company launched Upright Go 2 – the second generation product. That’s a real way to correct your posture and forget about slouching and stooping for good. What’s more important, it’s not some old-fashioned braces but a super-modern high tech achievement.
What does it look like?
Upright Go 2 is a compact digital device which is attached to your upper back. Its size is about 1×2 inches. If you start slouching, it gives you a signal – a little vibration. Nobody will hear the sound, but you will definitely sense it. It by no means causes any pain or discomfort. Customers compare it to a mother very gently tapping on her child’s back to remind them not to slouch.
Via Bluetooth it is synchronized with a mobile application available for Android and iOS. There you can set options for individual use.
How does Upright Go 2 work?
The succession of actions is quite simple. To start using it you:
- Make an order. You may buy the product from Amazon or Apple Store.
- When the product is delivered, you download the application and synchronize your phone with the device.
- The corrector is placed to the back. It is attached with the help of special hypoallergenic adhesives, and it isn’t likely to fall down even during physical activity. When you run out of adhesives, you may simply order a new pack.
- When the device is attached, you calibrate your personal correct postures, so that the Upright Go 2 could ‘remember’ it.
- Then you just use it! Each time when you stoop, the corrector will send you a gentle reminder. So, you simply won’t be able to forget how to maintain the right position.
Training and supervision
As the developers state, their product has two modes. The review published by a customer in Business Insider describes the details of their work. The first mode is called Training, and this is exactly when you get the vibrating signal when slouching. However, there’re situations when you really may not be distracted by the device or when it’s improper, like when doing sports.
Besides, the designers don’t recommend keeping the corrector in the Training Mode all the time you wear it. The basic principle is not to make you keep posture through pain and tears, but rather to make the body learn the correct position. Muscle memory is of great help here.
That is why the products has a second mode called Tracking. It can also be set in your mobile app. Then no signal is sent to you when you start slouching. It simply collects the data and provides statistics. You may look through later it and check your progress.
So, start using the product for 15 minutes per day, 2-4 times a week in Training Mode. Then just switch. Gradually your body will remember how to maintain the right posture.
Upright Go necklace
If you still worry that your device may fall down and break, you got a great option which is to order Upright necklace. It is made of silicone and is fixed with the help of magnetic clasp. So, it won’t fall down and break, and you continue with your everyday activities without any concern.
Does it really work?
Customers notice that after only 2 or 3 weeks of wearing the corrector their posture gets much better. The progress is easy to check in the app.
The effects are as follows:
- Body organs start to work correctly, and it adds to general health and well-being.
- The backaches and pains in the neck and shoulders are relieved.
- The device prevents scoliosis, osteoporosis, and other health issues that make person look and feel worse.
- The product frees you from the so called ‘beer belly’.
- You feel more concentrated and focused; your memory improves thanks to proper circulation.
- Your self-esteem gets higher as you notice that you look straight, healthy, and confident.
Is Upright Go safe?
It is a safe and simple way to stop slouching. Correct posture is a natural body position. This product is only a means to return and maintain it. Moreover, it is made of safe and hypoallergenic materials, so there’s no risk of bad consequences or side effects.
Pros and cons
The positive sides of the product:
- The device changes your posture for the better and prevents you from slouching.
- The vibration is gentle and causes no unpleasant sensation, and you can change its type in the settings.
- The product is light and compact. It can’t be noticed under loose clothes or long hair.
- The battery life last for 40 hours, as the manufacture states, so, you can easily wear it all day long.
- The Upright Go is made from safe materials and doesn’t cause allergic reaction.
- The manufacture gives one-year warranty.
- If you don’t like the product, you can get your money back within 30 days.
- You can order the necklace as well and not worry about breaking the device.
- You have to recharge it from time to time.
- The device can be seen if you wear tight clothes. However, it’s not a problem if you are not that self-conscious person.
Upright Go price
The best option is to buy Single Bundle. It includes the device and the necklace and will cost you $109.9. Also, you may get Single Pack (just one device) for $99.9 or Double Pack (two devices) for $189.9.
Arnold L.: ‘I’ve been slouching as long as I remember. Now I’m 31 and negative consequences of poor posture start to show up. I got middle back pains, my neck and shoulders get tired fast. When I decided to take care of my health, I bought Upright Go 2. I wear it for 20 minutes daily, and for the rest I switch to Tracking Mode. The progress is evident: I got less slouched, and it’s easier to keep normal posture.’
Helen B.: ‘My job is all about sitting in front of the computer screen for 8 hours. That’s too bad for my back. Upright Go 2 is my salvation. I wear the device when at work, and it doesn’t let me forget about my posture. It doesn’t vibrate that often now as in the beginning, so I guess it’s working!’
Modern technologies give us a chance to use ‘smart’ devices to maintain good health. Digital posture corrector is a solution to the problem of slouching. Upright Go is among the best products helping to forget about back pains and health issues concerning bad body posture.
Enough battery for use9.7/10
The work of both modes9.7/10
- Upright Go 2 makes your posture better
- High-tech product
- This is a very compact device
- The appearance of an instant signal (vibration) as soon as you begin to slouch
- Vibration doesn’t cause discomfort
- 2 modes to improve posture
- You won't lose the device due to its strong mount
- The battery works 40 hours, so you can carry the device all day
- The device must be recharged periodically
- Inconvenient for use under tight clothing